Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Greatest Match of All

In days of old Jesus Christ taught the people by parables. For myself, I find that he often teaches me through moments. 

Tonight my son has a wrestling match. It was the tournament. It was the end of the season and the most important match of all. 

This must be what it is like for heavenly father to watch his children go through life. He's on the sidelines cheering us on. Sometimes we come off the mat of life a little beat up. Sometimes we come off the mat completely crushed or terrified. Yet other times when we come off the mat, we are completely victorious! That emotion that rolls through your body while watching your child struggle. That pep talk you give them to do hard things because you know it is right. That overwhelming pride when they succeed.

I can't really understand what it must be like for our Heavenly parents watch us go through this life. The heartbreak they must feel when we are battered or bruised. The feelings of overwhelming joy and elation when we succeed and come out on top. I know it is really only my way of thinking about things but tonight I got a glimpse.

How grateful I am for loving parents cheering me on. They are praying for me and doing all they can while letting the journey be ultimately mine. I am grateful for their words of encouragement they send through lessons, scriptures, friends or a feeling of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment